DyAnne DiSalvo is a children’s book author and illustrator. She grew up in Brooklyn, NY, and her stories embrace community awareness and friendly neighborhoods, encouraging children to become a part of their community. The images throughout the layout of the site are her illustrations from various books.
- Site was redesigned to liven up the look of the site, bring the books up to be the primary focus, and showcase her school visits.
- Site was built on WordPress for ease of updating.
- Enabled social links and blog/news posts. Also updated imagery to slideshows and enhanced the site to be responsive to work on all devices.
This is the old site which I designed in 2007. It was built using a lot of fun flash animation and interactivity, but flash quickly became outdated. We worked together to hide certain things and convert others to more compatible animations. Now we have upgraded to a wordpress site (above)
- Site was done to showcase her books and illustration throughout every page.
- I tried to keep things fun and upbeat because her primary audience is teachers and librarians, and children ages 6-12.
- Some fun features were added for kids including an interactive flash matching game, which I programmed.
- I did all work on this site, from concept through to completion, and minor maintenance and content updates since it went live.